VMDO LNL: Designing Rooms for Acoustics
Date(s) - 04/17/2019
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Keenan Smigelski of 3form presents
Designing Rooms for Acoustics
- Acoustic environments affect how we work, play, heal and learn.
- Sound acts like a complicated wave with a large range of scales and magnitudes.
- The properties of sound are measured in a variety of ways to simplify this complication into a usable form.
- All surfaces are acoustic and exhibit a combination of reflection, diffusion, absorption, and transmission.
- Acoustic design is most successful when the materials, techniques, and integration with non-acoustic performance are in harmony.
Please RSVP to aiacentralva @ gmail.com by Tuesday at 10 am.