VMDO LNL: The Future of Science Education
Date(s) - 02/07/2019
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Nancy Sturm of The Sextant Group presents
The Future of Science Education
Campuses are shifting to new and exciting learning space models that provide real opportunities for architectural design innovation. This program will explore emerging pedagogies and enabling technologies and the related planning, design, and infrastructure issues that architects face in designing contemporary buildings for education.
- Discuss how student demographics and new pedagogies are changing expectations for higher education facilities.
- Define how emerging technologies are impacting the design of educational facilities of the future.
- Adapt architectural and interior design to meet new pedagogical options.
- How emerging technologies will impact the programming of architecture for higher education.
The SEXTANT GROUP consults on A-V technology and acoustical issues in new and renovation projects. Their disciplines include
- Audiovisual Systems
- IT/Telecom Systems
- Building Security Systems
- Acoustics and Vibration Control
- Lighting / Theater Systems
- Healthcare Technology
- Intelligent Building Systems
The SEXTANT GROUP is currently consulting with VMDO on the UVA Student Health + Wellness Center.
Please RSVP to aiacentralva @ gmail.com by Monday at 11 am to have a meal provided by the presenter.